Minneapolis – South Neighborhoods
S Lake St/W France Ave/Lagoon Ave & Lake of Isles NE
The Chain of Lakes in this specific location is: Lake of Isles, Lake Calhoun, and Cedar Lake. The Kenilworth Trail runs north to south.
- Minneapolis Chain of Lakes
- Uptown Art Fair
- Calhoun Square
- Common Roots Restaurant
- Uptown Association
- Calhoun-Isle Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
38th St E & N 42nd St E/W Chicago Ave/E Cedar Ave
The Bancroft neighborhood was named after an American historian, George Bancroft.
- Bancroft-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Bassett Creek/NW Theodore Wirth Parkway/S Cedar Lake Park
- Bryn Mawr Neighborhood Association
- Bryn Mawr-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Bryn Mawr Business Association
N Lake St/S 36th St /W Hennepin/E Lyndale
The CARAG neighborhood is the center of uptown Minneapolis. Lake Calhoun beach is walking distance.
- Calhoun Area Residents Action Group
- Gigi’s Cafe
- The Chair Salon
- Rinata Restaurant
- City Pages Best Neighborhood Café-Minneapolis Award 2013
NW Cedar Lake/N Kenwood Parkway/W Lake St/S Lake of Isle
- Kenwood-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
The Kenwood Restaurant
- Kenwood Café
N Highway 394/ E Highway 94 & Hennepin Ave/S 22nd St
- Lowry Hill Neighborhood Association
- The Wedge Co-op
- Walker Art Center
- Thomas Lowry Park
- Bird House Restaurant
- The Lowry
N Lake St/E Cedar Ave/S 38th St E/W Chicago Ave
The neighborhood Powderhorn Park received its name from Powderhorn Park Lake. The lake is looks like a powder horn.
- Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association
- May Day Parade – The Heart of Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre
- May Day Café
- Midtown Greenway
N Franklin Ave W & E/E Highway 35W/S Lake St W/W Lyndale Ave S
The Whittier neighborhood was named after John Greenleaf Whittier, a poet.
- Whittier Alliance
- Whittier-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Artist in Storefronts
- Whittier Restaurants
S Lake St/W France Ave/N-E Kenilworth Lagoon & Lake of the Isles
N 38th St E/W Highway 35W/S 42nd St E/E Chicago Ave
The Bryant Neighborhood was named after an American Poet, William Cullen Bryant.
- Bryant-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Lake St/E Hennepin/SW 36th St/W Lake Calhoun
- East Calhoun Community Organization
N Highway 94/E Lake St/W Highway 35W/E Hiawatha/S Cedar Ave
The Phillips neighborhood was named after a 19th century abolitionist, Wendell Phillips.
- Midtown Global Market
- Midtown Farmers Market
- Phillip-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Midtown Phillips Neighborhood Association
Lake St & 36th St E/Cedar Ave & Hiawatha
The neighborhood of Corcoran was named after the founder of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, William W. Corcoran.
- Corcoran Neighborhood Organization
- Corcoran-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Lake St/E Highway 35W/Steven Ave/S 36th St/W Lyndale Ave S
The Lyndale neighborhood was named from Lyndale farm. Honor William S. King had owned the farm and it was named after his father, Rev Lyndon King.
- Lyndale Neighborhood Association
- Lyndale-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Butter Bakery Café
N 36th St/E Hiawatha Ave/S 42nd & 43rd St E/W Cedar Ave
- Standish-Ericsson Neighborhood Association
- Standish-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Kings Wine Bar
Mpls/St. Paul Magazine/City Pages Reader’s Choice Voted Best Wine List & Best Wine Bar – 2010/2011/2012